Pages

QUIRKY QUILL is for and by young writers and readers, hosted and moderated by me, Sharon Kirk Clifton. Welcome!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Whatcha Reading?

[If you know who created this image, please let me know so that I may credit the artist. It appears on booksandpublishing.tumblr.com. I love it.]
 
My elder grandson recently had a birthday. He's an MK (missionary kid) living on the other side of the planet who loves books and reading, so I had him choose a book on Amazon.com as a birthday gift. Together we had read the Red Rock Mysteries series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry, so he knows he likes their writing. With my ordering The Book of the King, he's starting on The Wormling series by Jenkins and Fabry.
       Why didn't I send him my two Kindle books, Up a Rutted Road and The Second Cellar? He already has them! In fact, I read Up a Rutted Road to him.
       We love to read books aloud in our family. Does your family do that, also? It's much more fun and beneficial than watching TV.
       I'd love it if you'd use the "Post a Comment" section to tell me what you're reading right now. Also, what is your all-time favorite book or series?
       Who's your favorite author?
       Have you ever written or sent an email message to an author? Did he or she write you back?
       Have you ever met an author in person?
       Are you a writer? What have you written?
       As always, I'd love to hear from you.
 
Keep reading! Keep writing! I will, too!
Because of Jesus,
Sharon

No comments: