Pages

QUIRKY QUILL is for and by young writers and readers, hosted and moderated by me, Sharon Kirk Clifton. Welcome!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Writer's Nudge

How I Wish I Could Spend My Summer Vacation

Set your imagination loose to fly the heights of the impossible and the breadth of the improbable! Soar east of the equator and south of the sun.

If...IF you could spend your summer break doing anything and going anywhere, what story would you write at the end? Write it now and submit it either as a "Comment" or as an e-mail for the "Dear Miz Sharon" page.

If your first draft is as messy and ragged as my first drafts usually are, take a little time to clean it up. Check spelling and punctuation. Indent paragraphs. That sort of thing. I can hardly wait to hear from you.

By the way, don't you love the illustration above? Susan Tolonen, the artist, calls it "Global Children." She gave me special permission to use it. [Thank you, Susan!] She's a professional illustrator.

Write on!
Because of Jesus,
Miz Sharon

2 comments:

jude urbanski said...

Nice blog and post, Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jude!

Write on!
Because of Christ,
Sharon